Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Sunny Challenges Washi Tape Challenge


Recently Sunny Challenges and Creations held a challenge that was to use Washi Tape.I decided to make a card that the washi tape was used in the embellishments. I also used the new Envelope Liner Framelit to make a matching envelope Liner. The card base was Whisper White, as was the oval in the centre of the card. Using the Ovals Collection Framelits I cut firstly the white oval then on my piece of Gingham Garden DSP I place two of the ovals onto the Magnetic Platform and cut out my frame. The card base is also covered with a piece of Gingham Garden DSP. I stamped the flower stems using a retired stamp set Pocket Silohuettes, which I inked up using Gumball Green Stamp n Write Marker. On a strip of Whisper White cardstock I ran strips of  Gingham Garden washi tape diagonally across it then punched out the butterflies and then using the Itty Bitty Punches I also punched out some flowers (to attach to the flower stems) and a couple of hearts and smaller butterflies for the envelope. I attached the two larger butterflies to the card front using mini glue dots and then place three small rhinestones on each. I used the largest Envelope Liner framelit adhered it to the envelope, just under the adhesive strip and then attached the two smaller butterflies and two hearts. This is such a lovely card and it really does look so much nicer IRL. Till next time, happy stamping

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Gwen, I love the Washi butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Gwen. I would never have thought to use Washi Tape in this way. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...