Sunday, October 2, 2011

Week 10 Sunny Challenges and Creations Sketch and Card Share

I cant believe that Kris, Vicky and I have been hosting Sunny Challenges for 10 weeks now! We have had so much fun bring you the different sketches each week, and at the same time challenging ourselves as well!
 This week was no different and it was my turn to supply the challenge. I thought that this time I would leave a broad scope for creation by adding to the sketch anything to do with animals, birds, fish, bugs or insects. Now you have to admit that gives you so many things to work with! First of all let me share with you the sketch, which is in itself is pretty basic. I chose to use several different stamps to complet this challenge Firstly I used the flourish from Elements of Style and covered the Whisper White mat using Melon Mambo ink, this was then embossed in the Big Shot using Petals a Plenty Embossing Folder. The next mat I again used Melon Mambo and the Jumbo Very Vintage Wheel and made sure that the butterfly on the wheel would still be visible when I added the other mats and the main image. The main image was was the bird in the bullrushes from the Every Moment set. I used Stazon Ink to stamp the image and then pulled out my trusty Aquapainter and proceeded to colout the bird and the rushes. I used Sahara Sand, River Rock, Rose Red and Basic Grey. The edges were sponged in Melon Mambo. Before attaching this to the mat I wrapped a small piece of Melon Mambo ribbon around it. I placed a glue dot in the centre to keep it in place. to finish it off I placed a pearl from the basic pearls in the centre, and if you look really closely I placed one of the really tiny pearls on the bird for his eye! The inside of the card I matted with Whisper White card stock, added a punched border using Melon Mambo card stock and the Lace edge border punch. I then stamped a daisy in the bottom left hand corner, masked it and then stamped another. I think it looks really pretty and I would love to know what you think. Bye for now

2 comments:

  1. Love your card Gwen. Funny thing is that was the first stampset I thought of for this sketch as well. Lucky I changed my mind. It was slightly more of a challenge than I thought this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty Gwen. I love the colours you used!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...