Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunny Challenges and Creations Challenge 042/12


Hi there stampers, Here we are again with a sketch from Vicky. Along with the sketch the added challenge was to use the baby wipe technique. Now I am ashamed to say I had not done this technique before so it was a learning curve for me too. I decided to do what I hoped would look like a sunset, it doesnt, but I quite like the result. On my baby wipes I used Night of Navy, Tempting Turquoise, Cajun Craze and More Mustard. It took me a while to get the hang of picking up the colours and transferring therm to my card stock. Once I was happy with the result, I then stamped Lovely as a Tree in Early Espresso. The sentiment is from Short and Sweet, and this I stamped in Early Espresso also. It didnt look right on Whisper White card stock (too stark) and Very Vanilla seemed to be lost in the colours. When I was practicing the technique I used some scrap of Whisper White and found a piece of that, stamped the image on it. The sketch also shows a shape in the bottom left hand corner and everything I put there looked to be too big so I punched out a small flower and added a black brad to the centre. Please make sure you go and check out Kris and Vicky's blogs as well as those from our Guest Designers and play along with us this week at Sunny Challenges and Creations. Till next time...

3 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful Gwen. I love how you have created a gorgeous background for the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece of art Gwen. I really love how you have used this technique to create this stunning card. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...