Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A lucky Limeade Christmas!

Using a base of Lucky Limeade, I stamped it with the flourish from Season Of Joy. Next I took a piece of Riding Hood Red and ran it through the Big Shot using the Very Vintage embossing folder. I then took a smaller piece of Whisper White and also ran it through the Big Shot using the same embossing folder. This time though I took it out of the folder and layed it underneath and ran it through again. This was to flatten the embossing and make it softer but still give the cardstock a bit of a lift. I them stamped the Christmas Tree from the Season of Joy onto the Whisper White and I gave the stamp a different look. The sentiment from the same set was stamped on the top of the cardstock. The Whisper White was mounted onto a piece of Night of Navy and attached to the Riding Hoood Red layer. I made a small bow from Old Olive (that I had on my desk) and attached it just under the sentiment. To finish the tree off I added some basic rhinestones to the star and also to the lower limbs of the tree. You will notice that I deliberately left the upper branches bare. This card is just something a little different from what I have been showing this week, but I hope you like it. Bye for now

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Gwen. I love the touch of Night of navy - just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwen this is so pretty. I love the bow and the bling.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...