Friday, September 2, 2011

A Quick Birthday Card

 It is my son David's Birthday the end of next week, and as he works in Papua New Guinea I had to have it ready early to send off to him so he got it on time! He is a Marine Engineer so I thought I would use Sail Away for the front of the card. I know he will like it because he loves anything at all to do with boats and ships and the water! I chose a base of Crumb Cake and topped it with a mat of Night of Navy that I had swiped using the ink pad of the same colour. I topped this with a smaller mat of Crumb Cake and stamped the image in Night of Navy onto Whisper White. The sentiment is from the set Occasional Quotes and was stamped on Whisper White using Night of Navy ink also and I used the Modern Label Punch to punch it out then backed it onto a small piece of Riding Hood Red that I had run through the Big Shot using the Punch Windows. I placed a small black brad on each side of the label to give it a rustic look.

3 comments:

  1. This is really gorgeous. Love the colour combo. Perfect for a guy who loves the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Gwen! I am sure your son will love it! (I have a son named David too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Gwen, inside too! Your son will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...