Monday, April 9, 2012

Sunny Challenges Week 35

 Hi there! After quite a while of not being in here due to family commitments....I'm back!!!! Hopefully I will be able to at least post each week and continue working with Kris and Vicky at Sunny Challenges and Creations. I must firstly thank the girls for carrying the load while I have not been able to work on the Challenges with them. Not forgetting too the Guest designers that have stepped into the breech on short notice to help out , and a big thank you goes to all those ladies. I will never forget your kindness and your friendship is something that I will always value and cherish. I am so excited that I am able to partake in the challenge this week which was supplied by Vicky. She always makes me put my thinking cap on! The challenge this week had to have something to do with 'mums' on it and as Mothers day is fast approaching it is a particularly good choice of theme. I started with a plain white background and cut a piece of Flirtatious DSP and having the Wisteria Wonder colour and pattern on top. I stamped two flowers from the Fifth Avenue Floral and coloured them using my Aqua Painter and Wisteria Wonder again. The word Mother came from the set Blessed Mother that I won at Regional's and havent really used that much. I cut the flowers out and placed them on the Whisper White card stock, which I had backed wiht a piece of Wisteria Wonder card stock. I then went fossicking around in my another day box and found some Little Leaves that I had cut out on my Big Shot some time before when I was using up scraps. I decided to use the Wisteria Wonder again for the band at the bottom which I punched using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch. I stamped the word Love from the Tiny Tags stamp set and punched it out using the Small Jewelry Tag Punch, and attached that to the Wisteria Wonder using a Fire Square Rhinestone Brad. On the inside of the card I used the sentiment from Blessed Mother and then off stamped the flower from the Fifth Avenue Floral several times using Wisteria Wonder and Lucky Limeade. I had fun making this card for the challenge and look forward to many more.

7 comments:

  1. Gwen;

    This card is absolutely stunning! I love the color combination you used. I'm glad I was able to see this card!

    ~Shawnie B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shawnie, I really liked making this, and it did sort of all just come together

      Delete
  2. This is a great card, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sylvia, how lovely to hear from you and thank you so much for your very kind words.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back Gwen!!!! We've missed you. Love your card & the colours & stamp set you used. The little pink buttefly finishes it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Vicky! Its great to be back x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you back Gwen. Lovely card and I love that flower.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...