Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunny Challenges Week 45

Hello Stampers,
I am posting this challenge a whole week late!! Why you might ask? We changed Telco's, and my haven't things changed since we last did that! No longer it seems are your telephone service and internet services linked. You change your telephone service one one day and your internet you get to have access to up to 14...yes you read that right 14 days later. It is made even more unpalatable by the fact that we werent told this would happen before we signed up with them.............grrrrrrrrrr. Nevermind that is all behind us now so now I can play a bit of catch up for last week and then I will post the challenge for this week. The winners for this challenge have been announced and this week it was given to our two most regular contributors Alison and Margaret who did a wonderful job with the challenge that was set by Vicky. As always please pop on over to Sunny Challenges and Creations and check out the beautiful samples by our very own Miss Vicky and Kris and also those of our guest designers. The challenge was that we had to use ribbon along with the sketch provided. I used Basic Black card stock for the base and layered that with som DP from the Brights Collection. The image I stamped in basic black and very lightly added some Marina Mist sponging in the sky and around the base of the boat. The boat itself I put a coat of Crystal Effects over it and the sails. I threaded a small piece of gold wire from the top of the mast to the boast and then I tied a small Nautical (I hope) knot and placed it on the top right hand corner of the image. Using the Edgelit die I cut 2 one in Basic Black and the other in Old Olive and used black brads to secure it to the Left Hand edge of the card front. The ribbon part of the challenge I laid the Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon onto Whisper White Card Stock into what I thought looked like 'waves'. I hope you like what I have done for this challenge it was a lot of fun. Till next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...