Friday, July 19, 2013

Another Wetlands Creation

The Wetlands stamp set has really grabbed my imagination! This is a true 'bloke' stamp set, and so versatile too. It caters for Birthday, Anniversary, Sympathy, Get Well and even Fathers Day! It is not often that an idea will come to me in the early hours as this did. I stamped the centre image then created a mask and stamped the other two birds. I watercoloured the ground using the Aqau Painter and Old Olive. I sponged the sky with Marina Mist, then over the top of that with Smoky Slate to give the appearance of an over cast day. Garden Green Stamp n Write Marker was used to highlight the grass under the birds. The birds themselves I coloured using Soft Suede, Crumb Cake and two retired colours More Mustard and River Rock. The eyes I put a spot of Tempting Turquoise. I decided to use my Oval framelits and cut out an oval in the  Soft Suede card front, then cut an oval frame from Cherry Cobbler. The inside of the card I lined with Very Vanilla on both sides. The greeting is stamped in Soft Suede from the Gifts of Kindness set, and punched out with the Modern Label Punch, and to finish it off put to mini silver brads on each end of the frame and popped the sentiment up on dimensionals. I loved creating this card, and hope you like it too, Till next time, happy stamping.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Gwen. You are supposed to sleep at night, but if this is what happens when you don't, maybe it should stay up more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...