Thursday, August 8, 2013

Mosaic Gate Fold Card

 This delightful Gate Fold came together quite by accident (as I am sure most of my creations do). I had made the Christmas one, that I showed here on my blog yesterday and still had some Brights Collection DSP on my desk so decided to use that as well. I picked up a piece of Primrose Petals card stock and happily began trying out my Mosaic Punch. I then played with them making different patterns, then remembered I saw somewhere on Pinterest a flower had been made using the punch. If this is your idea please let me know so I can give you credit. I didnt pin it so I just played until it looked right. I punched a couple of leaves out using the Blossom Builder Punch in Old Olive and for the centre of the flower I sponged one of the flowers from the Simply Pressed Blossom and Buttons Mold that I had made. The panel the flower sits on is Raspberry Ripple, matted with Whisper White that I had run through the Big Shot using the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder. The hot glue gun was invaluable for putting the flower together, and I just used a scrap of Raspberry Ripple as the base for the flowers. It was a lot of fun, my desk is still not cleaned up, and I hate to say my craft cupboard is still in the same state as it was the other day! Must get into it before my next shipment of valuables arrives. Till next time, Happy Stamping

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Gwen. I can see you are having a lot of fun at the moment. Who needs to clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Gwen - love it! That flower is simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...