Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunny Challenges Week 5

 
Hi there! This week on Sunny challenges and Creations our very talented Kris is the creator of the sketch. The only stipulations for the challenge were that 1. Marina Mist had to be used whether it was ink, carstock or ribbon and the other was that a shape (any shape) be placed on the left hand side of the card. This was harder than you would think! Now I am the proud owner of quite a few stamp sets, but do you think I could choose a set to use for this colour. Now if I had been given a stamp set to use then it would not have been a problem, so I dont know how to figure that out! I used Crumb Cake for the base of the card and on the front the lower half of the card was Marina Mist and the top half was Very Vanilla. I stamped the daisy from the set Every Moment, first making a mask so I could overstamp and have flowers where I wanted them. I then coloured these using Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron and Soft Suede Classic Stampin Ink pads and my trusty blender pen. The base I left unadorned except for the sentiment and that was stamped directly onto the cardstock. Using the Big Shot I cut two scallop squares one in Night of Navy and the other in Very Vanilla. On the piece of Very Vanilla I stamped the bird from that set then coloured it using my blender pens and the ink pads as before. I then mounted this onto the main pieces of cardstock for the front of the card. I placed a piece of Kraft Taffeta Ribbon around the centre and tied a know to one side and the card was finished. For the inside, I used the lace edge punch on the top of the Marina Mist card stock and then attached it to a strip of Very Vanilla for the recipients name. It was a lot of fun, Hope you can join in with us this week its always a lot of fun, so I am looking forward to seeing your creations on out webside, remember its free and its definitely FUN! Bye for now

2 comments:

  1. Love this card Gwen. The small touch of Daffodil Delight gives your card a really bright effect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwen as usual your colouring is perfect. The daisies are gorgeous and so is your little bird.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...