Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Back in October I shared with you  a card that the ladies made at class called sooting. What  I didnt share with you at the time was a thought that I had running around my head wondering if I can 'tweak' this technique just a little more. I thought that I could try something else and what if it didnt work......well who was to know? As it happened it did work and this is what I did. I brayered the SU Glossy Paper using Poppy Parade, then wiped it over with a tissue to remove any excess ink. I then held the cardstock over a lit candle and let the soot from the candle do its job. When I was happy with the coverage I then stamped the Christmas tree from Snow Swirled into the sooted area, being careful not to rock the stamp. I sprayed sealer on the project, and then let dry before cutting to size for the project. The ladies loved how it turned out, and I will share with you another time the masculine cards I made using this technique. I think this a fabulous way to 'step up' a technique. Hope you like it. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...