Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Growing Green and Water colours


Growing Green is such a delicate stamp set, and I do love using it. The maidenhair fern is so delicate and the flowers have such fine lines and features that they all just scream out to be water coloured, which is what I did. The main images are all stamped using Balck Stazon.  I CASED the layout for these cards from Vicki Burdick The first card I used Old Olive So Saffron and Perfect Plum Classic Stampin Pads and my trust Aqua Painter, I ran the Eyelet Border Punch through twice to give a double decorative edge. and topped that with Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon. I cut the flowers out when I had coloured them and attached them to the Water Colour Paper which I had stamped the fern on and coloured with Old Olive. The sentiment is from Thoughts and Prayers. A quick confession here, The sentiment, because it is a double maounted stamp, I accidently stamped upside down, but I was still happy with the result. The second card is on a white base. The Real Red layer I ran through the Big Shot using the Very Vintage Embossing folder. The Water Colour pater was matted onto Real Red which was in turn adhered to Basic Black, and the whole thing was attached to the embossed layer using dimensionals. I used Read Red and Tangerine Tango to colour the flowers and Pear Pizazz for the leaves. The sentiment is from Friends 24-7. I love the effect and hope you do too. Bye for now......

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Gwen. This is one of my favourite sets - either for male or female...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely Gwen. I love the way you have cut and coloured the flowers. Beautiful work and inspiring as always. Mind you this is another set I don't own and I know you can guess why.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...