Sunday, March 6, 2011

Just for a bit of fun

I dont know if I have told you before, but both my sisters.....well actually ALL my brothers and sisters (yes, all five of them) are extremely talented in different facets of music, crafts and the arts. Then there is little ole me who never thought she had a creative bone in her body until she discovered cardmaking! My sister Maggie has developed her own website and she has called it The Three Sisters. The three being Maggie herself, Joan (the eldest) and me. Joan, I might add does the most exquisite cake decorating (as did my late mum) and I am really looking forward to seeing her work on the site. To gain interest Maggie has put up some of her creations and also this week put a tutorial on how to make the cutest little star box. She asked if I would participate and this is what I came up with! They were so easy to make and would make fabulous treat holders for birthdays etc What a wonderful way to use up retired cardstock!. I even thought that they would be brilliant as Advent stars in Decembeer to do the countdown for Christmas. How lovely they would be, hanging from the tree and to have the grandchildren collect them one by one. They are big enough to hold several little surprises (or chocolates). Have a wonderful stampin' day, bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. These are really lovely little boxes. I love the Christmas countdown idea. I am always looking for things like this for my tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Fan following from stampsbymelissa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...