Saturday, February 12, 2011

Male Birthday Card

Last night I remembered I needed a male birthday card for today. The colours in the card was not going to be a problem because as with a lot of the younger males these days their favourite colours seem to be black or grey! This particular young man loves anything to do with the water so as long as I gave him a card that  had something to do with fishing, swimming, surfing or saling I knew that I was going to be on a winner! Starting with Basic Grey as my base I topped that with a Vintage Wallpaper layer in Basic Black. The image I stamped on Very Vanilla using Black Stazon because I wanted to colour the image, which I did using Pumpkin Pie and my Aqua Painters.  I put some Grey Taffeta ribbon around the card just to break the black and wound some linen thread around the base of the card just to add a bit of interest. I might also add that this card is a Mini CASE of the card using the Seaworthy set of stamps in the IBC. This truly was a 5 minute card and I am so happy the way it turned out. I hope you like it too, let me know what you think.
Cheers for now, Gwen

2 comments:

  1. Great card Gwen. Bet the young man in question will love it. I look forward to all your creations. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Male cards are a challenge to create, but you were able to do it in this card. Great job. The young man will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...