Wednesday, February 16, 2011

River Rock Self Challenge

Today's self colour challenge was to use River Rock from the colour coach. It told me to use Cherry Cobbler and Marina Mist as well. The OceanCommotion set I used was the other choice from yesterday, but it lost out to Tropical Party in the draw from the hat! I used Marina Mist as the base for my card and layered a strip of Cherry Cobbler and then a smaller strip again of Marina Mist. I decided to use the Scallop Square Die for the River Rock just to add interest, then stamped it with ink of the same colour and the reeds from the Ocean Commotion set. The seahorse is in Cherry Cobbler as is the sentiment and the fish in Marina Mist. You can not notice it all that well in this photo but I have attached small rhinestones to where the eyes are one each image. I have just done the self challenge draw for tomorrow and the colour is Baja Breeze. I almost redid the selection but thought to myself if I do this now with a colour I really love working with what am I going to do with a colour that doesnt "do it" for me so to be fair to myself (and the little challenge I have set for myself) I am going to do the Baja Breeze Challenge and will be using Animal Stories set of stamps. Apparently the next set I will be using will be Friends 24-7 and the colour coach selection has not been made yet! So stay tuned!! Well thats if from me today, hope you like what I have done, leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Bye for now. Gwen

2 comments:

  1. Another great card. I love Ocean Commotion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Gwen - I love this stamp set but keep forgetting that I don't have it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...