Thursday, February 17, 2011

Todays self challenge is Baja Breeze and Animal Stories

Boy oh boy! What did I let myself in for with this colour combination and stamp set?
The colour combination was Baja Breeze, with More Mustard and Cherry Cobbler from the Colour Coach. The stamp set was of all things Animal Stories. I immediately thought what a combination for a nursery style stamp set! Used the Baga Breeze as my base, and stamped just the antlers of the giraffe around the edges in ink the same colour. I then matted the base with More Mustard which I had embossed with Petals a Plenty embossing folder. Measured and cut 3 small squares of Cherry Cobbler measuring 4 x 4cm, topped that with More Mustard that I punched out using the 1 3/8" square punch. Stamped just the 'head and shoulders' of the Giraffe, Elephant and the Whale and also punched them out using the 1 1/4" square punch. The top and the bottom images are attached directly onto the More Mustard Mat, whereas the the centre image is up on dimensionals. To soften the look I added two small white bows and placed a rhinestone on each of the four corners of the middle image. I you remember yesterday I said the other stamp set to use was Friends 24-7. The Colour coach has decreed that I will be using Daffodil Delight and the images that will be stamped will be from the Friends 24-7 set. I hope you like what I am doing with thes little self challenges and if you feel that you would like to play along please feel free to join me and share your creations! Well thats it for today, so bye for now, Gwen.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Gwen. Love what you are doing with these challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...