Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cajun Craze

After re-discovering the shell I found on the beach in my pocket this morning I couldnt get the the colour and indeed the shell out of my head (dont you just hate that?) This afternoon I was pondering the colours and bought out my Natures Nest Set of Stamps. I love this set, but dont use it nearly enough. I took the shell from it and stamped it heaps of times on some Very Vanilla cardstock. It looked too stark, so I took my Aqua Painters and just went over the images. The colour blended beautifully and without any drama's, and I was happy with the results. I then played with the images in my mind and still nothing came to me, then all of a sudden I thought, "they might be shells, but I can turn them into petals" which is what I did. I love the look they have created, beautiful big petalled flowers. I matted these onto Not Quite Navy Cardstock, and also More Mustard whilst the main body of the card is Cajun Craze, and I used scraps of Garden Green for the stems and the leaves I punched out 5 petal flower punch. The Not Quite Navy reminded me of the sea this morning and the More Mustard of the sand, because the sun had not risen high enough at the time to lighten it.The bow at the bottom is 1/8" white satin ribbon (not SU) which I have dyed with the more mustard Classic Stampin' Pad. I  love the beautiful golden hues that it has taken on.I used the Trio Flower Punch for the centres of the flowers in Cajunand then punched a 3/4" circle to lay that upon. It has been finsihed off with round rhinestone brads in the flower centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...