Monday, October 4, 2010

Christmas is not too far away............

With thoughts of Christmas, gifts to make and buy, greeting cards and gift certificate holders, Christmas puddings and cakes to make, not to mention the ordering of the turkey and the ham! Every year we say "We're going to have a quiet one this year". Must be famous last words because each year seems to be bigger than the one before! I have decided that I am not going to say these words this year, and will see what happens! So with thoughts of being organised I began to play with Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler and Very Vanilla Cardstock. I love the look of the Garden Green and the Cherry Cobbler together. Last Christmas I couldnt seem to get on with Garden Green, it didnt seem to do 'it' for me. This year teaming it with Cherry Cobbler has made such a difference they sit together so nicely. I also use the faux suede technique for both the Gift Dertificate holder and the card, and I think they complement each other very well. The stamp sets I used on the card were Contempo Christmas, Season of Joy and the Christmas is from the set Heard from the Heart. I also used the decorative scallop border punch, the ornament punch and the die cut from Lots of Tags (which I retrieved out of my 'another day' box!) The ribbon on the bows is 1/8" wide white satin (non SU) that I have dyed in Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler in sections. If you look closely you will see that I have the green on the bows facing to the edges and the Cherry Cobbler is facing toward the centre of the card front. I finished the baubles off with a little Dazzling Diamonds, and used Mini Glue Dots to secure the ribbon to the baubles. The Gift card holder was done on the same principles, but I tore the edge of the card as well as the Faux Suede section. I used the swirl from Season of Joy and stamped out two baubles from the Delightful Decorations set. The baubles I have attched to the dyed ribbon using Linen Thread. The inside of the holder has 'Welcome Christmas into your heart' on the bottom section and "Christmas weaves a magic wand over this world, and behold everything is softer and more beautiful"  a quote by Norman Vincent Price. I cant wait to make some more of these little beauties, I think that I will be using quite a few of them this year. Hope you have enjoyed this post, and if you have any questions or would like to know how to make any of the things that I show on my blog, I am more than happy to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...