Sunday, October 3, 2010

I love it when there is rubbish on televison!

 
The reason I love it when there is rubbish on television of an evening is that it gives me the perfect excuse to sit at my table and play! I expect if I was really very truthful............I dont need an excuse at all!!!
Before I cleaned up my table yet again I thought I should have a little more creative time which was definitely better than watching the DVD Concerned Citizen.
I can sit there in my own little world and do as I wish, but also be able to pick up a phrase here and there or glance up and see a fleeting
moment of a scene, and when my husband talks to me about the movie I am at least able to make some 'intelligable" comment! Whew!!!
This time I thought that I would play with Dasher, Snow Swirled, Season of Joy and some more of my another day stash, as well as other stamps and I couldnt resist having a play with the set Baby Bundle. It is just so so cute.
My another day stash must sound as if it is huge! It isnt really, but when I get new embossing folders, or dies I just cant wait to try them out, and as a result I have a heap of Whisper white cut 10.5 vx 14.98 and the same in usually retired card stock, and when the pieces are embossed or cut they go into ther another day box. It does come in handy when you're in a hurry to make a card when you have all these embossed pieces of cardstock etc. I also did some cards using the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set, but becasuse I am such a terrible photograher they didnt turn out, which was disappointing because I really loved the combination that aI used. I used So Safron for the card, Always Artichoke (embossed using Petals a Plenty), stamped the flowers from Thoughts and Prayers onto a piece of Certain Celery, which was matted on So Safron. I then stamped the image twice, once in Always Artichoke and then in White Craft. The sentiment I stamped straight onto the So Safron card base. It really does look striking and I must try to take some more pics. When I had done that card I was so taken by it, I grabbed some scrap from my another day box and stamped some trees and flowers from this set using the same technique but in various colours. Those images have gone back into the box for re-use. I did make one other, but as yet I havent photographed it.
I have fallen in love with the Baby Bundle stamp set, it is so cute. One of my ladies rang the other night and said could I please make her a baby card, as her daughter had just given birth to a little boy, and this is what I came up with. I used Bashful Blue Cardstock, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, andthe Word Window Punch and the Modern Label Punch. The little duck is not SU.
I finished it all off with just a dash of Dazzling Diamonds in the heart, coloured the dots on the stroller and wheels with Baja Breeze Stamp and Write Marker pen, and used the black Marker pen to do the dashes in the pram hood. Because the Baby bundle set is in Clear Mount, I took all the small images and put them onto one of the clear stamp blocks and stamped all over the Whisper White to give the card a ;real; nursery feel to it. My lady was thrilled with the result, and I sort of got the picture right. I have made some other cards (or they re in the process of being made) and I will share them over the next couple of days as they are completed. So till next time, keep stampin'


1 comment:

  1. Gwen, the baby card is very cute. I am sure the new Mum will love it. Alos love what you have done with Season of Joy. Will have to wait to play with Dasher as it is on backorder. Just gorgeous work, as always. Kris.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...