Sunday, October 24, 2010

Glasshouse Workshop


What a fabulous afternoon I had yesterday with some lovely ladies from Glasshouse Mountains and the surrounding areas. We did a fairly simple make and take, but I wanted to highlight the praticality of the Ornament Punch, showing that it is not only for punching out the shape of a Christmas ornament. We used that wonderful set Eastern Blooms and of course my current favourite, the Ornament Punch. Using Whisper White cardstock as the base of the card, the Pear Pizazz cardstock was then passed through the Big Shot using the Petals a Plenty embossing folder. Using the Riding Hood Red and the Pear Pizazz Stamp n Write Markers the stem of blooms from the Easter Bloom set of stamps were coloured and then stamped onto the Whisper White panel and mounted onto the Riding Hood Red cardstock. I then stamped the large bloom from this set onto a piece of Riding Hood Red Scrap and  Punched it out using the Ornament Punch, and snipped off the bottom to make the ornament shape a vase! It was then attached directly onto the White cardstock. The sentiment from the Level 3 Hostess Stamp set Occasional Quotes was stamped in Riding Hood Red Ink, punched out using the Large Oval Punch and then onto a Scallop Oval in Riding Hood Red, which in turn was mounted onto the cardfront using dimensionals. It was such a treat to make this with the ladies and they loved it! This workshop also gave me the opportunity to talk to the ladies about our wonderful products and of course the fabulous promotion we have at the moment with the various Bundles. I demo'ed the Fancy Favour Die at this workshop and made a couple of different gift bags with it. The first one I used Seasnon of Joy and Delightful Decorations Stamp Sets and also the Ornament Punch, The second box I made was using the So Swirly Jumbo Wheel. As I said, very quick and very simple but such a wonderful project for the ladies to see. I also embossed one of the fancy favour dies using the Petals a Plenty embossing folder, and what a difference that made! I could not believe how elegant it looked, it would lookbeautiful on a wedding breakfast table as a bonbomiere. One of the ladies snapped that up very quickly to take and show her daughter! Once again, thank you ladies for allowing me into your home to share what I love doing with you all. Those who ordered Big Shots..............I bet you cant wait to receive them, and remember any questions you may have, just give me a call on 0409874291 or send me an email at gwenbloomfield@ymail.com  and I will help you in any way that I am able.

1 comment:

  1. No wonder you did so well at this workshop with such fabulous projects. No wonder the lady snapped the box up to show her daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...