Sunday, January 23, 2011

How Sweet are these Sweet Peas?

I saw the very talented  Maria's tutorial on making these beautiful flowers, which are just quietly my favourite flower next to violets, and then saw the beautiful card my good friend and colleague Kris McIntosh made following Maria's tutorial. This really piqued my interest so I sat down and decided to 'have a go' as well. This tutorial was easy to follow there was no way they were going to fail!
 
 I swiped my Rich Razzleberry Base with the ink pad of the same colour to add some texture. I placed a piece of Whisper White cardstock that I had run through the Big Shot using the Petals a Plenty embossing folder onto a piece of Perfect Plum I decided though to use a Whisper White crimped middle sized oval, which sat on the large oval in Basic Black which I had cut using the Bigz Ovals Die. I also made my tendrils a lot finer as I didnt use stalks for the flowers and I thought it made it look too heavy. This is such a simple but effective card to make. The big decision now................who to give it to???? I hope you like what I have done with the sweet peas, bye for now. Gwen

2 comments:

  1. Gwen, love your take on these. This card is so bright and cheery, just like the flowers. Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Sweet Peas. You did a great job. Thanks for giving me credit on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...