Sunday, January 30, 2011

Howyagoinmate?

I decided to partake in a Challenge from Late Night Stampers this week, and the Challenge was to make a card depicting where you are from. The 26th January is Australia Day, and I thought that it was very appropriate that this was the challenge As soon as I saw this challenge I thought that I would like to particiapte and I knew which stamp set I would use and that  was Happy Christmas Mate. I used my markers to colour the outline of the stamp, omitting the obvious Christmas things, like presents and also Santa's Hat, beard and fairy lights on the board leg rope! I also freehanded the images to make them whole and added the joey in the Kangaroo pouch. SU watercolour pencils and the awuapainter were the obvious choices for me to olour the images. The sentiments of G'Day and Howyagoinmate? I printed off on the computer and punched out using the small oval and the word window punches. I used the RGB colours for Pacific Point for the writing and the Brush Strokes font. The card has been matted onto Garden Green and Daffodil Delight Cardstock to signify the Green and Gold of Australia. It was a lot of fun to do and I do hope you like it, pleas let me know what you think. Till Next time, Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...