Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My 'Another Day Box'

Today was a busy one, I was trying to prepare for an upcoming class, do the mundane things (like housework), get some washing on the line whilst we still had sunshine, and go to a funeral of a family friend. It was whilst doing the housework I remembered I hadnt made a Sympathy Card. Now, I know that I talk of my another day box in various posts, it is amazing what is actually inside that box. The mess looks huge when it is put out on the table, but really it does all fit in a clear shoe box! So I have decided to share my 'another day box' with you. In this box thre are pieces of stamped cardstock, cardstock which is stamped and cut out, puched shapes, embossed pieces, shapes that have been cut using the Big Shot from various materials. 
 I took a piece of More Mustard to use as my card base, then out of my 'another day box' came the piece of Always Artichoke which had already been stamped with Ink the same colour and then overstamped using the Whisper White Craft Ink Pad. I also found a piece of Whisper White cardstock that had been embossed with the Petals a Plenty embossing folder. the sentiment I stamped directly onto the Always Artichoke layer that sits on the card base. My friend never liked things to sit square so this is why I skewed the image. I added two pieces of Peach Parfait ribbon across the corners to finish it off. Not quite my style but I knew the recipient would know and appreciate what I had done.
Bye for now

2 comments:

  1. The thing I love about making cards yourself is that you get to make exactly what the recipient would want. You have made a lovely card that has a special significance and that makes it even more gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Kris. This will be well received Gwen. I have one or two of those "Another Day" Boxes too & growing...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...